Thursday, May 26, 2016

Impulse Buys and Brand Loyalty

Well, I have done a bad thing. You would think that a recent college grad with no real job and no horse of their own would find no need to purchase a SECOND saddle.Well, oops. A boarder posted two dressage saddles on Instagram and my heart almost stopped when I saw one. It was a Stubben Tristan, basically new (purchased new last year for over $2,000 I believe), 17.5" seat, medium tree, and $500.

*Swoon*

I guess some background is in order: I own an older Stubben AP saddle and it's held up remarkably well and has fit every horse I have put it on so far. My trainer had an old Stubben Genesis dressage saddle for awhile that he bought a LONG time ago but still looked pristine, and was lovely to ride in. I know it's not a trendy brand, and its design is pretty simple, but I like that. Rambling over...

The other saddle was a Jaguar. It was definitely fancier-looking, but it didn't fit the boat AT ALL, and I had my heart set on the Stubben so I was glad that it didn't. The Stubben had no gaps, a perfect amount of room between it and his back, and looked great!

I rode in it, it was comfy, and after spectators left and we were alone he gave me the best dressage work we have had since I moved back... so no complaints from him! I could go on about it forever, but will refrain. I am riding in it again today and getting my trainer's opinion tomorrow in a lesson before I make the decision, but I love it and am happy for it to join the family if all goes well. 

Awkward picture so I could see how I fit in it.

The Boat being incredibly bored while I took pictures of it.

This leaves me with one question (if you made it here). Are there any brands that you have loyalty towards? What are they, and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment