Wednesday, July 6, 2016

News

I actually had a post ready for last week... and it was a doozy. I am SO glad that I didn't end up posting it early because that day it completely changed. What am I talking about, you ask? Well, let me explain.

2 weeks ago I was informed that I had a couple weeks to either:
A. Buy Otis
B: He was going to be sold

How I managed to have a nice lesson with that festering in my brain? Who knows!

Needless to say, I could not come up with the money to purchase him in 2 weeks time. I tried to offer some up front and would make payments until he was paid off, but couldn't do that and drive an hour to see him every day. I had found a nice little barn near my house to move him to, and promised him a forever home... but it wasn't enough. The owner did not want him to be moved until he was paid off, which was something I couldn't do.

I had called the new barn owner and everything after there was no happy ending in sight and told him I wouldn't need the stall... but the next day I got a call that my offer was going to be accepted after all (good timing right haha).

It's not all sunshine and rainbows, though. I am in NO position to have a horse... my second job hasn't started yet because the city is being stupid about getting out to the store for inspections, so I will be supporting Otis on ONE PART TIME JOB until that happens... which is pretty much impossible, but I will make it work.

But anyway, we moved. He was a bit nervous when he first got on the trailer, which of course made me worry about how he was going to adjust... but the new BO had me just turn him out to let him calm down, and then he settled in pretty easily! He tried to make friends (the mare in the stall next to him wants NOTHING to do with him, and will let him know by kicking at him... you can always trust a mare to give a warm welcome), but he's going to be turned out with 2 TB geldings today, so I hope that they will make friends :)

"Wait but don't we usually take a friend to shows? Can I bring a friend?"

"This is okay, but where are my friends?"



Long (boring) story short: I bought a horse, he is moved in, I cannot wait to see where we go from here, and I am so happy that our time was not cut short!

 Took some conformation shots to get a baseline and monitor his weight.


*Swoon*


Welcome home,  little boat!

No comments:

Post a Comment